Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

THE TWISTED TOUR by Rebecca Sherwin



Series Title: Twisted
Book Titles: Survival (#1), Revival (#2), Thrive (#3)
Author: Rebecca Sherwin
Genre: Dark Romantic Suspense


Life is unpredictable. It can throws us happiness, luck, wealth and success at any given time, without warning or premonition. But it can also send trauma, trials and surprises, both unexpected and unwelcome.
The Twisted series explores a world where happiness is chased but unreachable, life is found and stolen, and love is fought for and sacrificed.
It is not a simple story – life is not a fairytale.
Sometimes it’s a fight for Survival…




With intertwining memories and a world of deceit and betrayal yet to be exposed, Survival, book #1 in the Twisted series, is an intense, compelling page-turner, seen through the eyes of Skye 'the Skillet' Jones.
A mother. A father. Two daughters and a son. A happy suburban family of five.
An alcoholic mother. An absent father.
Abandonment. A family ripped apart.
Oliver. Beautiful Oliver. My twin brother, my protector.
Fighting. Freedom. Death.
Cut Throat Curtis. My fire and ice. My light and shade. My pleasure and pain.
He taught me to fight; to control emotional turmoil with physical distraction. He had pain of his own, secrets he would never reveal, and I should have known it would only be a matter of time until he left, becoming a ghost in a life I no longer knew.
Thomas. My magic. My fairy-tale. The man who promised the happy ever after I’d never dared to dream of. My prince. My lover. My everything and more.
But fate was waiting, as always. The merciless force of kismet watched over me, biding its time, waiting to strike; to plunge me into the depths of defeat and leave me with no choice but to succumb.
It was coming, the twist of fate that would bring me to my knees. It was up to me, Skye the Skillet, to decide whether to bow down and surrender to its will, or fight back, to fight for what I had left.
To fight for my survival…











With explosive suspense and dark sensuality, Revival, book #2 in the Twisted series, is a passionate, riveting tale of power, conflict and dangerous desire, told by Cut Throat Curtis Mason.
I was a failure. An orphan. A quitter. A heartbreaker. A screw-up. A criminal. A monster.
The life I was imprisoned in was the life I deserved.
Ollie’s death shredded my tenacity, chipped away at my confidence and stole the will to fight out from under me. When the toxic worthlessness swimming through my veins made me reject the only girl I’d ever loved, she took the rest of my life with her.
Alone, away from home and emotionally desolate, I was propelled into a life of greed, control and crime when fate played a hand and forced mine into the clutches of Charlie Alexander Tattersell. My vixen. My poison. My villainous addiction.
I fought for and against the life that held me captive, but one painful reminder returned to haunt me.
I was the only one who knew the truth.
Skye’s truth. My love. My driving force. My life’s obsession.
After enlisting the help of my protégé, Jesse ‘the Gentleman’ Kennedy, the mission began.
I had to find answers, retribution and the spark that would release me from the claws of the abyss and bring me one step closer to the Skillet.
With new secrets waiting around every corner, a vicious Charlie waiting to bury me and the haunting memories of every mistake I’d ever made hanging over me, I missed one vital clue.
The key to my revival…








With everything at stake and nothing to lose, Skye Jones and Cut Throat Curtis Mason are reunited in the fight of their lives - once and for all. It's time to face the demons of the past and the present; to reclaim the powerful, passionate connection that brought them together; and overcome the forces that would tear them apart. It's time to expose - and destroy - the web of lies, deceit and betrayal woven by those around them to hold them captive, to keep them silent, isolated and alone.
The time has come.
There is no time to fight for survival.
There is no time to beg for revival.
There is no other option. There is no choice.
What happens now?It’s time to Thrive…






~~~~ ASHLEY'S 5 STAR REVIEW ~~~~

The moment we have been waiting for, Skye and Curtis are reconnected. While it is a rocky road, they balance each other and THRIVE together. 

I devoured this book! At times forcing myself to slow down and really read the words and absorb the story. Two broken people who find each other and fight the darkness to allow their love to heal. This story is told in alternate POV, which I like, especially since book #1 Survival was about Skye and #2 Revival was Curtis's story. 

Throughout the series, many questions were left unanswered. With many twists and turns in the plot, our questions are answered. It isn't an easy journey, sometimes downright ugly. But is real and Rebecca Sherwin does an amazing job tying together all the pieces. 

Without giving too many spoilers, this is a must read series. Rebecca Sherwin is a brilliant writer who deserves recognition of her work. I urge all readers to try this series. 




~~~~ DELETED SCENE ~~~~

Sometimes it was impossible to hide. Sometimes I just wanted to scream, to tell anyone who would listen what was going on. I didn't want to have to deal with this, but what choice did I have? I was there in the wrong place at the wrong time, and I'd seen it. I didn't even know what it was; I'd seen it in Dad's magazines and I'd learned about it in school, but not like that. It didn't seem scary until I saw it that night three weeks ago, and now I had to pretend I hadn't seen. No one would believe me; I knew it wasn't supposed to be scary - not like that. And if it was supposed to be that way, I didn't want to be twelve. I didn't want to be thirteen, or fourteen, or get any older at all. I didn't want to do it, too. I didn't want to do those things. I just wanted to play football and go to the park with my friends. I couldn't tell anyone what I saw. Especially Skye. She couldn't know, but she knew something was wrong. She asked me all the time, but I told her she was being stupid.
I chose our twelfth birthday party to start the mission. I'd seen it on TV and in video games, but I had to do it alone, be a one man battle group.
"Hey, Oliver?" Skye said, bouncing into my room. I didn't hear her coming. "Whatcha doing?"
"Nothing." I slammed my book shut and shoved it in the drawer.
"It's our birthday." She grinned and jumped on the bed. "Happy happy birthday."
I laughed and swiped her legs from under her with one of mine to knock her over.
"Ow!" she whined, and laughed.
I didn't hurt her, of course. I couldn't hurt my sister. That would make me bad, like the things I'd seen.
"I have a present for you."
Her smile got wider and she clapped her hands together. I reached back into the drawer and took out the bracelet one of the girls at school gave me. I shook it, listening to the plastic beads knock against each other.
"Cool!" Skye snatched it off me and shook it, inspecting the glittery beads. "Did you make it?"
"Of course not." I rolled my eyes. "It's a present. I don't have to make it."
"I love it. Thank you, Oliver."
"Wear it," I said, taking it back off her and fixing it to one of the new shoes Mum and Dad gave her this morning. "Wear it all the time."
"Why? I'll get in trouble if I wear it at school."
"You don't need it at school. Just wear it at home."
"Why?"
I shrugged. "It's a rule."
We liked rules. We always had to follow the rules. I didn't know why, we didn't ask. We just did as we were told.
"Okay."
She hugged me tightly and kissed my cheek. I shoved her off with a smile and wiped her kiss away. Skye jumped off the bed and ran out of my room and down the hallway. I could hear the beads jangling until she got to her room and closed the door.
If I was going to do this, and I was, I had to stop Skye sneaking up on me. I needed to hear her coming. Skye couldn't know. Ever.
"Oliver! Skye!" Mum shouted from downstairs. "The party is starting. Get down here."
I rolled my eyes and stood up. I banged my fist to my chest like I'd seen in a movie once.
Time to start the mission.




 Rebecca is a London born and bred mother, writer and psychology student. She is the author of summer romance, Second Chance Hero, and the psychological romantic-suspense series, Twisted. An avid reader and lover of stories that keep you guessing, Rebecca writes tales that will challenge your perceptions and toy with your emotions. Rebecca's stories invite you to open your mind and dig deeper into the meanings of the lives of each and every character you meet. She entices you into their world – to feel with them, to grow with them, to love with them. She asks you to become a part of them and allow them to become a part of you.
Rebecca would like to express her thanks to everyone who reads her stories, and would love to hear from you!

Connect with Rebecca!

No comments:

Post a Comment